Atlantic Health System provides a Patient Transfer Center (PTC) that offers a time saving service for doctors and staff at any hospital who wish to either consult with a specialist or initiate a patient transfer into any Atlantic Health Medical Center.
The PTC is staffed 24/7/365 by highly experienced critical care transfer nurses and transfer agents who coordinate the transfer process
When a transfer request is received, the Transfer Center will:
- Collect appropriate patient information;
- Facilitate identification of a receiving provider;
- Facilitate a conference call between referring and accepting providers;
- Arrange a prompt, live time conference call with the accepting physician;
- Coordinate logistics to ensure bed availability;
- Communicate patient clinical information to all necessary parties;
- Ensure compliance with healthcare law.
The PTC can coordinate the transfer of patients from anywhere in the world to an AHS facility
Atlantic Health’s Patient Transfer Center:
- Coordinates over 15,000 transfers/year;
- Facilitates 1800 tele-stroke conferences/year;
- Facilitates over 300 Pediatric Doc2Doc consultations/year;
- Activates over 700 STEMI team responses/year.